Re introduction

• 3 replies
  • 124 subscribers

Hi All, I posted an intro when first diagnosed a couple of months ago, but may have messed up as I can't find it now. So lets re-introduce myself: My name is Brian and I am a 71 year old male. I was diagnosed with ACC of the left submandibular gland about 3 months ago and underwent a neck dissection on the 13th of August. I seem to be healing OK and without any major problems (as far as i know). I am yet to see the surgeon who carried out the surgery as he has been on sick leave. I have been told that the staging results were T3 N3 M0 although that is yet to be confirmed officially. I believe the next step is radiotherapy, but haven't yet spoken to an oncologist. In preparation of my next appointment with the medics I would love to receive feedback on what i should be asking regarding the cancer, the treatment and the future. Being a newbie to this club, I have spent many hours reading your posts and i am sure that there is an endless source of knowledge about this cancer. Any advice is more than welcome.

Brian

• Hi Brian Welcome to the club I dont really know the next step but I do know you will get through it . Stay off goggle was some of the best advice I was given here . All the Best Regards Minmax

• Hi Brian and welcome to the Community. Great that you have got through the surgery.

Macmillan have a list of pertinent questions HERE Some of them might be useful...at least it's worth a look

Make a list and if you can take somebody in with you do. An extra pair of ears is always useful

This sort of thing

How soon do I need to start therapy?

What are my treatment options, what’s involved, and how long will each treatment take?

What are the benefits of the recommended treatment? What are its potential risks and side effects?

Is there a clinical trial that might benefit me?

How will treatment affect my daily routine? Can I continue to work through treatment?

What should I do if I develop new symptoms after I begin treatment?

What support is available to help me cope with my diagnosis and who should I call if I have more questions or worries?

Good luck and let us know how you get on if you feel up to it

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Hi All, I posted an intro when first diagnosed a couple of months ago, but may have messed up as I can't find it now.

Here it is

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge