I was due to have my salivary duct cancer removed plus a neck dissection to remove lymph nodes and a cheek reconstruction on Tuesday 20th October 2026, but today they cancelled the operation until 3rd November 2026 as both surgeons who initially saw me and offered to do the operation we’re both not free on that date. It’s an aggressive high grade cancer and I’m concerned that the delay may cause the cancer to spread. I’m 82 and until the surgeons saw me in person my only treatment was ADT hormone suppressant but after a face to face appointment as I’m physically fit and still work they offered me surgery. But it’s now delayed which worries me.
kind regards
john.
Whatever cancer throws your way, we’re right there with you.
We’re here to provide physical, financial and emotional support.
© Macmillan Cancer Support 2026 © Macmillan Cancer Support, registered charity in England and Wales (261017), Scotland (SC039907) and the Isle of Man (604). Also operating in Northern Ireland. A company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales company number 2400969. Isle of Man company number 4694F. Registered office: 3rd Floor, Bronze Building, The Forge, 105 Sumner Street, London, SE1 9HZ. VAT no: 668265007