Neck Lump

• 14 replies
  • 77 subscribers

Hi everyone,

Lots of us have been diagnosed by the lymph lump on our necks. I didn't go to GP with any pain or soreness at all. My lump at the time of seeing GP (mid May)was about 1.5 cm. Now after last week's biopsy surgery  I await a result and  treatment plan it is about 2.5 cm. Was anyone else's lump as big ?

• Hi yes mine was 10cms at biopsy last week. After biopsy chest scan and neck mri was inconclusive I’ve got to have a core biopsy plus a full body pet scan. Don’t know what’s going on. I’m terrified!

• Hi 

Yes that's the same route I went down ,scans are scary and waiting for results even as bad.

It's tough at this stage the waiting game! but I'm glad I joined this forum.

You will find lots of helpful people here ,I certainly have .

Only been on a week.

All the best and keep on here 

• Don’t know what’s going on. I’m terrified!

Hi

Have You a definitive diagnosis on the biopsy yet?

If it was an FNA ( where the take a sample with a fine needle) the test often doesn’t take a proper sample. Hence the core biopsy which takes a bigger piece of tissue. 
    The PET will give the consultant a more detailed look at all of your body down to your knees. 
    It’s ok to be terrified. All this is completely new, full of medical jargon which is difficult to understand. 
    Things become clearer as you go along the road. 
    Stay with us here. There is always someone to talk to 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Hi the waiting the worst part fear of the unknown.  I had a biopsy under a general anaesthetic and a pet ct scan. Try to keep busy and remember head and neck cancers to respond well to treat. As I and many others can testify. I’m 6 years post treatment for tonsil cancer with 7 affected lymph nodes. 
    It’s ok to be terrified I was the same. 

hugs Hazel 

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now  6 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help

• Thanks. Have you had any results yet?

• Had surgery last Wednesday to find primary .found at back of tongue ,lots of biopsy taken ,results on 2nd October and hopefully a treatment plan 

• After biopsy chest scan and neck mri was inconclusive I

Hi again. I see you’ve been talking to Mike, one of our other Community Champs and you’ve joined the oesophageal cancer forum. 
    It’s hugely stressful but I’m afraid it could be a number of things. 
    My advice would be to stay off Google. Your consultant will know soon enough. Google will just send you down rabbit holes. 
    Fingers crossed it’s something simple 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Mine when removed was 3cmx2cmx2cm.  Like you, aside from feeling a lump, there were no indicators that would have made me go to the GP.

The waiting sucks.  We all know how bad the thoughts are when you have to many unknowns.  Once you have a treatment plan it will become easier on your mind as things swing into action and you don't really have time to dwell on things too much.

Both Spider3 and Sooh4496 (these user names are great) stay with us and we can help you through this.  Hang onto the thought that for the vast majority of cases we go onto to have a long and good quality of life after treatment is done and dusted.

Peter
    See my profile for more details of my convoluted journey