Is it back??

• 2 replies
  • 72 subscribers

Hello.  My husband had tongue cancer last summer and had a partial glossectomy, lymph nodes taken, chemo and radiotherapy. All treatment finished last September. He's recovered well (he'll never be happy with the way he now talks!) but generally doing well.  He had a routine scan a week or so ago and there is an enlarged lymph node in his neck and he has a biopsy scheduled for Monday.  He's had a blood test and no sign of infection.  Does this likely mean it's cancer again??  We can't stand the waiting and not knowing.  Has anyone had experience of this - good or bad?  Thank you

• Waiting sucks, but you need to allow time for accurate answers from the pathology.  I have had scares since my initial diagnosis - some false once investigated and some genuine.  However, my journey is somewhat unusual compared with a "normal" pathway.

Peter
    See my profile for more details of my convoluted journey
  • Good evening Vikkix, please try and think positively, especially as he is feeling ok in himself with no indications that it's returned. the only way to ensure is with a biopsy and maybe more scans. Its good that scans are done as it will show if something is not quite right and they can react quicker with a treatment plan. Its always a worry when things like this crop up as many of us have been through the same. Wishing you and your husband all the best for the biopsy and the results. Take care.

Chris x

Its sometimes not easy but its worth it ! 

Community Champion Badge