Paranoia /mets etc.

• 18 replies
  • 71 subscribers

Hi again

I'm waiting for radiotherapy after surgery for a tongue SCC, I need some teeth extracted in the build up to radiotherapy. My mind is playing tricks on me. Every little thing worries me. I have a little sore patch beneath the surgical excision in my mouth, and I think is this cancer or a bit they missed? I woke up with sweats during the night and think, has it spread to my lungs? Is is normal to feel like this? Should I tell my team about all my concerns as I have a list of them?

thanks

Richard

• Good evening Rich17, sorry you have got covid, my son got it and had to have a week off work. Try and concentrate on recovering from covid as a couple of weeks delay will not make much difference to your treatment etc, its just the waiting game that can make people more anxious, sometimes we get setbacks which is out of our hands , slowly but surely you will see the positives come through. 

Chris 

Its sometimes not easy but its worth it ! 

Community Champion Badge

• I am making a bold assumption based on the fact that almost everyone has the Omicron BA.5 in the UK at the moment...

Peter
    See my profile for more details of my convoluted journey
  • Well at least COVID explains the night sweats. Rang the hospital to tell them and they say its policy to wait 7 weeks to operate after covid. I said that's unacceptable as I'm on the cancer pathway, they said it would have to be a clinical decision by the surgeons. I also left a message for my oncology nurse explain everything and hope she gets back to me soon. It's hard to believe 2 and a half years into covid they are telling people (with cancer!) they have to wait 7 weeks. I hope it was just a stock reply from a receptionist and common sense prevails and i can have the surgery fairly soon.

Richard

• I would contact the cancer nurse or consultant s medical secretary for a definitive answer. 
    Hazel 

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now 5 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help  

• That takes some believing, Richard, especially if its just to have teeth removed, i agree with Hazel contact your consultant or one of the team.

Chris

Its sometimes not easy but its worth it ! 

Community Champion Badge

• I had 6 teeth out yesterday ready for RT. The left side, 2 from top 2 from bottom you could drive a bus through!  All stitched up, sore jaw but not as bad as I thought it would be.  Just mentioning this as its about to happen to you. 

• Ouch....I hope you're not in too much discomfort today.

I had 6 teeth out yesterday ready for RT. The left side, 2 from top 2 from bottom you could drive a bus through!  All stitched up, sore jaw but not as bad as I thought it would be.  Just mentioning this as its about to happen to you. 

I often wonder about this. My teeth are heavily restored and I assumed I would lose two top and bottom molars on the treatment side. I had one an OPG and exam after diagnosis and they left all mine in place. 

Months after treatment I had to have the top wisdom tooth out and you can imagine how cheesed off I was and catastrophised about ORN but it popped out no problem; these hospital dentists are pretty slick

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Thanks everyone. They've booked me in for friday next week, just need a neg. COVID test on the Wednesday. Thanks for the advice and information.

Richard