Removed mouth cyst

• 19 replies
  • 69 subscribers

Really worried went 3 weeks ago an had a small mouth cyst removed from roof of mouth.

i was told that it’s routine to biopsy the cyst and a nurse will call in 6-8 weeks I said that’s a long time I was then told as we don’t suspect anything wrong that is the waiting time.

anyway as time went by and my soon is getting married in Thailand on the 4 th June so I called on Thursday to the secretary explained my situation and asked if my results are back. She replied no. Well the next day I received a text letter say you have been referred by you doctor to attend this appointment. This appointment only talks about a referral nothing else. It is exactly the same letter I received when I was referred the first time. I am really worried can’t sleep as I was told at my cyst removal someone will call in 8 weeks. Also if this is something very important why is the appointment in 5 weeks. Can anyone give me advice please xx

• Can anyone give me advice please xx

Just pester them daily till you get an answer. 
    I must say that these surgeons usually have a good idea of what they are looking at before they send off the tissue sample and sadly the wait for routine is a long one. Your extra letter is likely an admin error. 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Thank you, I just called the appointment department and they said the appointment in 5 weeks is to discuss the results. If it was something sinister would the consultant speak to me sooner than 5 weeks xx

• If it was something sinister would the consultant speak to me sooner than 5 weeks xx

Maybe but don’t bet on it. I had a post treatment PET/CT at 16 weeks and wasn’t seen till my routine review five weeks later to be told that something had shown up. 
    Youve found out what the second letter was about  so that’s a load off your mind. It’s the pathology lab you can’t hurry. If you are registered in your patient portal you will get your results as soon as they are available. 

Dani 

Community Champion badge
  • Hi ME me, quite honestly i cannot understand why you have had to wait for so long as in normal circumstances biopsy results are normally 2 weeks. They must have the results so hopefully it is good news hence the longer wait but this is not normal practice. I hope you enjoy your son's wedding, all the best.

Chris x

Its sometimes not easy but its worth it ! 

Community Champion Badge

• God bless you Chris, it’s nice to hear positive feedback thank it means a lot.

im sitting here think it’s the end, my mind is wondering about everything xx

• Thank you so much for your kind reply, well I’m sitting here waiting and worrying, I have myself going through the worst times, I think I’m over thinking everything xx

• Hi ME me, quite honestly i cannot understand why you have had to wait for so long as in normal circumstances biopsy results are normally 2 weeks.

That’s if malignancy is suspected. I recently had a lesion removed from my thigh and the biopsy results took 8 weeks. 

Dani 

Community Champion badge
  • Hi Chris, why did you wait 8 weeks x

• Hi Chris, why did you wait 8 weeks x

Not Chris. Dani. 
    The surgeon did not suspect cancer. Urgent biopsies take precedence. So the others have to wait til there is time to do them. There is a shortage of pathologists. 

Dani 

Community Champion badge
  • I’ve waited 3 weeks now I been told I have an appointment with the consultant in 5 weeks to discuss my cyst removal and biopsy. Just wondering if it was something sinister surly they would tell me earlier xx