Please help me !!!!

• 20 replies
  • 70 subscribers

Hi 

I have a tracheal tumour that’s cancer and I have just been told that they want to do a windpipe resection I’m terrified about this they explained what it was and it sound horrific can anyone help me that has had a windpipe resection as I’m aware cancer here is very rare and not many have resection operation I’m 46 and im The main carer in my house as I have an autistic child snd a child with type 1 Diabetes and a 12 year old I’m so worried about it all and if I should even have the operation.

• Hi

I had a piece of my windpipe removed 7 years ago, aged 56, and then radiotherapy and I'm still up and about Slight smile

Did they tell you what type of tumour it is?

It comes as a horrible shock when you first get the news, but there is a path through all of this.

Where are you being treated?

Barry

• Hi Chelle

Welcome you our community and sorry you have had to find us

I haven’t experience of this but I know what is done. Can you ask your CNS what all the permutations are so you can make a decision? 
    if you don’t have the op what are the options for a cure? 
    What is the recovery time? 
    I won’t frame any more questions. I’m sure you must have thought round snd round this. 
    Please stay off Google. You’ll get wrong info and frighten yourself to death. I’ll have a search for you in the pages here to see if anybody has experience of this. 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Wow. That was quick brilliant HeartHeart

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Hi Barry I’m being treated in Leicester Glenfield Hospital however they have a surgeon in Birmingham who will come and operate on me I feel they haven’t told me too much information just the tumour in my windpipe was cancer they got most out with the Rigid Bronchoscopy but what’s left they said I can’t have any other treatment just the resection I’m so scared, how long did you take to recover ? Also sorry it’s called mucoepidermoid carcinoma 

• Thank you I will ask some more questions as I feel no one telling me much information I’m under a surgical team I haven’t had an oncologist talk to me at all I’ve just been dealt with by the thoracic team 

• Hi I can’t add much as I don’t knuw enough but please stay off google. Make a list of questions as they pop into your head fir your next consultation.

Hugs Hazel

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now 5 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help  

• Thanks Hazel I’m trying to not look in google x

• I hear there are some good surgeons at Birmingham. I had most of my tumour removed before the main op too. They call it a debulking - nice. It did ooen my airway so I could breathe though.

Some questions which might help:

How many cms of trachea are affected? They can remove up to half of the trachea if necessary.

Does the tumour go through the tracheal wall? If so, are any other nearby structures affected?

Is the tumour at the top, middle or bottom of the trachea - this affects how they approach surgery.

B.

• Please please keep off as my oncologist said he could go on and diagnose himself dead within minutes. Stick on here snd trust your team. 
    Hazel

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now 5 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help  

• They want to remove 3cm and go in via my neck, how long were you in hospital for ? And how long was recovery if you don’t mind me asking ? X