What to eat?

• 4 replies
  • 71 subscribers

Hi all my husband Dave had a panendoscopy & biopsies of the base of his tongue. He's been told for the next 10 days he can only eat soft cold foods. If it was just soft food I'd be able to do things like cottage pie or spag bol but it's the cold soft food that's got us perplexed. He's drinking lots of milkshakes & had a tin of custard last night but tbh I have no idea what he can have & the poor bloke is very hungry! Any ideas would be brilliant,

Cheers, Tris Blush 

• Hi he could do shakes - even slim fast (not for the slimming obviously but for the everything they contain) weetabix do one too, and foods mash potato, with gravy let it cool sure but I’m sure it doesn’t mean cold cold ! Mas sweed to spice it up. That said I would avoid spices completely. Macmillan have a book on foods soft etc it may be available ,on line I’m not sure - oh and you know cake n custard - as long as the cake fully mixed in - I find it better if in mash it in- otherwise I feel like I’m being fed baby food and simply turns my stomach. 

• Hi ,Try contacting your g p to get high calorie Ensure or Fortisp drinks prescribed it’s what may if is need during and after treatment. One 125 mil Ensure gives  300 calories. I had a biopsy under general for tonsil cancer and I ate normal food just cooled .

Not ideal but  you could try trifle ice cream m cool soups  complan  from supermarkets as well .

smoothies with added protein powders ,I have a nutribullet you can  put any veg in to make a smoothie or use fruit .

Hazel 

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now 5 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help  

• Fortisips or Ensures, Scandi shakes Complan  Wiltshire farm foods do purée meals 

https://www.wiltshirefarmfoods.com/ready-meals?searchtext=Pur%u00e9e+meals&searchmode=allwords&showAll=1

Then you can basically liquidise anything really. 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • weetabix with cold milk with a banana mashed up . All the Best Regards Min