New to this site

• 22 replies
  • 68 subscribers

Hi all was  diagnosed with this horrible cancer on the 10th Jan 24 so had a pet ct scan and been seen by various doctors and surgeons

To complicate matters they also found i have Lung cancer as well, and just to add to the complication i have a Aortic Stenosis 

which is further complicating things

Been seen today 19th Feb by a surgeon and at present they do not have a treatment plan hopefully when they have there MDT meeting on Wednesday they will have 

all the facts and come to some sort of decision of what to do.

Any advise or suggestions will be gratefully received as at the moment i am slowly going out of my mind   

Thanks in advance

Rob 

• Hi all

Was told yesterday that i am defiantly not having surgery as it is to risky with my aortic stenosis just waiting now for the oncologist to call for a meeting 

Rob 

• Hi true red

My cancer had spread and I was unable to have surgery. I was put on immunotherapy Nivolumab and I am now disease free. 
    I I’ve had 23 out of 26 treatments and doing fabulous.

keep the faith 

Hilary

• Hi Hilary,

Lovely to hear you are doing fabulous.

My husband has OC spread to the liver, unable to have surgery.

Did you have chemo first or just immunotherapy?

We are just awaiting treatment plan.

Angie

• Hi Hilary

That's great news  can you tell me if you whent straight on immunotherapy or did you have chemo first?

From what have been told i am up for chemoradiotherapy i think i would rather have immunotherapy if it was an option

Rob

• Hi Angie

Thabk you. Yes I had 4 rounds of chemo which didn’t work for me and scans showed spread. After getting the inoperable diagnosis, the immunotherapy was my last hope. 
    thanks fully it worked.

sending lots of good wishes x

• Hi Hilary,

That's wonderful to hear that other treatments can work.

How often do you have immunotherapy and can I ask how long you have been having treatment?

Best wishes

Angie x

• Hi Angie

I have been having immunotherapy for almost 2 years. I have it every 4 weeks and I had treatment number 23 yesterday. 3 more to go and that’s me. My consultant said if activity starts again there’s another immunotherapy I can have.

Hope this helps.

Hilary 

• Hi Hilary,

What stage was you at before treatment started and where was your spread if you don't mind me asking?

How you are doing well after treatment the other day.

Take care

Angie 

• Can any one tell me how long you have to wait for an appointment to see the oncologist 

• Hi True Red,

It all depends. We found out that my dad has oesophagus cancer on the 29th December, we only saw our oncologist last Thursday!! In between that was alot of waiting numerous tests and meetings. We now are waiting a further 2 weeks for his first round of chemotherapy.

We have been pulling our hair out with all the waiting, I'm sure everyone feels the same. 

Any questions please do not hesitate to ask myself and A1972 have some extensive research and asked many questions along the way. 

Kayleigh x