Hi I have just been diagnosed with stage 4 ,it’s inoperable as it’s too close to my windpipe ,I can only manage liquids ,it’s such a frightening experience ,it seems there is no hope

• 2 replies
  • 63 subscribers

No Hope 

• Hi there. I know how frightening the initial diagnosis is and it takes a while to come to terms with what you have been told. What treatment are they offering you? My OC is inoperable too but after the first stages of chemo I was able to eat and drink much better. I now have a stent which helps me as well. I get protein drinks on prescription which are full of calories and helps me to keep my weight stable. I know how scary this all is and I do have down days which is not surprising. But I have been trying to keep fit, eat well and stay positive. I think that is half he battle! You will have a team of people looking after you in the hospital and there is loads of advice available. I would suggest stay away from Google as everyone is different and your team will have the best advice. This forum is so good for sharing your worries and you will get a lot of support here. Best wishes with everything. 

• Thank you ,I feel so alone  I’m having a pet scan to see if it has spread.and ultrasound endoscopy,i it so frightening and unknown ,I only feel safe in my bed