Awaiting diagnosis

• 3 replies
  • 64 subscribers

Hello. I’m Di, 58 years young and full of fun, until this week. I await results of endoscopy and CT scan for something suspect. 

8 years ago hysterectomy for ovarian cancer was successful. 

im so scared at the moment. Only been re married for 3 years to the love of my life and I don’t want him to be alone 

• I’m really sorry you’ve been so scared. I am waiting for results too and I appreciate how stressful and worrying it is. 
    With the greatest luck there will be nothing to worry about but if there is then hopefully it is treatable and your fears about leaving your partner won’t be realised. 
    I am trying to think of ways I can distract myself more effectively since it keeps breaking through my days and Dr Google is not my friend. 
    I’ll hold you in my thoughts too 

• Hi Di B D

I would definitely agree that Distraction-Distraction-Distraction is the only way to cope at this time. Fear is our greatest enemy. We tend to automatically fear the worst and wonder how we are going to deal with it. But we never really know how we will deal with future situations until we are actually faced with them. And we often surprise ourselves with our inner strength and resilience. So in the meantime, make a decision to be optimistic, unless proven otherwise. Breathe deeply, stay calm and say to yourself "Everything will be ok". 

I hope for the best outcome for you.

M

• Thank you Martha. You have very wise words. I am generally an optimist and now the initial shock has settled I am pushing myself to have positive thoughts. Early hours were difficult but today has been brighter. I so appreciate your kind words and wish your husband all the very best in his journey x