FOLFIRI chemo

• 6 replies
  • 48 subscribers

Hi

After a break in chemo and Immuno of 6 months, after 2 years of treatment. Increased lymph node activity means I have to start cHema again, this time FOLFIRI via a line. What are people’s experience of this?

• I have to start chemo again, this time FOLFIRI via a line. Sorry about the typo

• Which chemo and immuno did you have, Steve. Also, what was your initial diagnosis, TNM? I'm sorry about the lymph node activity? Whereabouts? I hope your new treatment works well.

Best wishes,

Lorraine

• I don't know too much about FOLFIRI but I do know that it is highly rated at the hospital Dal is under, he has not had that treatment yet, but it might be something on the cards for him after the SBRT radiotherapy treatment, so I will be interested to read how it goes for you. 

Best of Luck

Lowe'

Call the helpline for free on 08088080000, 8am to 8pm everyday.
    Tomorrow is not promised but it always has potential. Aim for your potential!
  • Hi Lozza

Initial diagnosis 7cm tumor stage 4 inoperable because of lymph node activity in chest. That was Mar 22. Started chemo Oxiplatin and Capcitaban and immunotherapy in June 22 Rested from Chemo in the November because of neuropathy but continued with immunotherapy Tumour stayed stable and lymph nodes reduced. Flared up again in following June so started again with reduced dose 70% chemo. Again tumour stable and lymph’s reduced. Rested from chemo March 24 and tried concentrated course of radio therapy in May. Immunotherapy ended May 24 due to end of license. Scan in Seot showed tumour still stable but increased lymph activity in chest area and directly below tumour so now it all starts again with FOLFIRI Every 2 weeks plus have to have a Hickman Line which I was hoping to avoid. 
    Heyho, still positive, enjoying a short break in Majjorca, initial prognosis 6 to 9 months and still asymptomatic. Somebody loves me.

• And good luck to Dal

• Thanks, Steve. That's flipping marvelous to read. Best of luck on the next leg of your journey and happy holiday!

Lorraine