Struggling

• 1 reply
  • 46 subscribers

I had my head around it all on my first diagnosis,  but when I was told I responded well. I thought shit yeah.  Not my time yet . 

Then the lung , day of feeling sorry for myself.  But Yeah can do this. But new tumour aswell. .. well I'm sorry for my language,  but at the moment it's Fuck me ...

• Hello Marcia

I am sorry to hear of your oesophageal cancer and now to be told that you have cancer in your lung. It must have come as a shock when you were recovering from your oesophageal cancer and had returned to work. I can understand that you are having a bad day and feeling a bit sorry for yourself. Totally normal and understandable in these circumstances. It must be so frustrating that the goal posts have been moved when you thought things were going better. 

Hopefully you will get some sort of treatment plan soon from your doctors and then at least know what is going to happen.

There is a forum on here that you may find useful. Its for people who have been diagnosed with a secondary lung cancer. It may help to share with people who are in a similar position to you. I will pop a link below in case you are  interested.

Secondary lung cancer forum - Macmillan Online Community

I hope that this helps a bit and that you have an appointment soon to discuss what is next. In the mean time if there is anything else we can do to support you, please just ask.

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm