MY Dad passed away

• 4 replies
  • 25 subscribers

Hi everyone, 

My beloved Dad passed away in March this year from a Glioblastoma. He was only 59. I'm struggling as he was my person. He always fixed everything and now I feel lost without him. I found out I was pregnant just after my dad passes away, I thought it was my sign to carry on and everything would be okay, but I had a miscarriage last week. I feel very isolated and I'm struggling and could really so with some kind words like my dad would say. I don't have many friends and my family are all falling apart without my Dad. I feel so lonely without him. 

• I’m so sorry you feel like this :( I’ve just joined and it’s the first thing I’ve read. Have you got a partner? 

• Hi, I do have a partner but he works alot and I feel quite isolated. We were made homeless in December so staying with his family, he's working alot so we can afford our own place. I wasn't working as I left my job to take care of my Dad. Now I'm not really sure what to do with myself. 

• HI

a warm welcome to the online community. So sorry to hear about all that you have been through.

All these emotions you are feeling are perfectly normal and part of the grieving process. It's early days so please don't be too hard on your wee self. 

Have you spoken to your GP about how you are feeling? If not I would encourage you to speak openly and honestly with them. Have you considered getting some counselling? Your GP should be able to support with this. 

If you're uncomfortable talking to your GP can I suggest that you give MacMillan a call. The helpline number is below. They may be able to offer some support for you here.

I lost my husband (54) to GBM last October so I can empathise with what you are  going through. I've also had to watch my kids deal with the loas of their dad. Our local hospice offered us counselling to help us process everything. Maybe that's another avenue to explore here.

I wish there was something I could say to take the pain away but tough as it is, you need to work your way through all the emotions here but its ok to ask for help. This is a safe and supportive space so please reach out here anytime. There's always someone around to listen who gets it, someone to hold your hand and to offer a virtual hug when its needed. We've got you. You're not alone

For now I'm sending you a huge virtual hug and lots of positive energy. This will get easier. It just takes time.

love n hugs

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• I am so sorry for the loss of your dad …and for your miscarriage ..

you must feel absolutely heart broken ..

I wish I had the right words to give you some comfort ..but please know you are not alone ..this group will be there for you ..

if you just want to shout and scream someone is listening ..

sending you a virtual hug and lots of love x