Hello

• 1 reply
  • 23 subscribers

I have just started treatment for chemo and am very worried. I live with my wife alone and am isoloted, there is no local cancer group around here.

• Hi josephxx

a warm welcome to the group. I hope the treatment is going smoothly.

My husband was diagnosed GBM4 in Sept 2020 and coped really well with the 6 weeks of chemo/radiotherapy. He did get quite fatigued by about week 4 and that lasted for about a month after the treatment finished.

Might be worth checking with your CNS if there are any groups linked to the hospital that could offer some face to face support. 

This group is really safe supportive space so please reach out here anytime. There's always someone around to listen who gets it. Someone to hold your hand and offer a virtual hug when its needed. You're not alone,

It’s always good to talk so please remember that you can also call the Macmillan Support Services on 0808 808 00 00 - most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week Clicking here to see what is available. This service provides lots of cancer information, emotional support, benefit and financial guidance or just a listening ear.

Sending you and your wife a huge virtual hug.

love n hugs

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm