GBM4

• 3 replies
  • 22 subscribers

Hi all 

Im looking for a consultant who provides 2nd rounds of radiotherapy with Avastin preferably in the North of England. Also if anyone had gone through this treatment how are you ? The NHS cant offer me anymore treatments so looking to go private.

• HI Keddie33

Sorry I can't offer any suggestions here as I live north of the border plus my husband opted to decline all further treatment after the initial 6 weeks of chemo/radiotherapy.

This group is really active and supportive so hopefully someone will be along shortly who can provide a better answer than me.

It might also be worth a call to the Macmillan Support Services on 0808 808 00 00 - most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week Clicking here to see what is available. This service provides lots of cancer information, emotional support, benefit and financial guidance or just a listening ear.

Sorry again that I can't give you a more detailed answer here.

Sending you a huge virtual hug. Stay strong.

love n hugs

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Thanks for replying Grinning Im looking at doing alternative treatments just because of what damage you get from further radiotherapy. If you get chance please let me know how your husband is.

• Hi

Physically he's in great shape. He always was a fitness freak and that has stood him in great stead. Surgeon gave him 12-15 months as a prognosis. Those 15 months were up at the end of Nov 2021. He still runs up to 70 miles a week. He got a PB in the Manchester marathon and ran it in 3:15:28. I have no idea how he's doing it but running is pretty much all of his "old Life" that's left. His tumour has affected him mentally and impacted his ability to read, understand, follow instructions and his speech can be muddled/confused. A bit like someone with dementia. HIs short term memory is shot!

He can run 26 miles but don't ask him to read an email or to follow instructions or to go to the bar for two drinks as he can't do it. It's bizarre and quite hard to get your head round.

If this starts to impact him physically I honestly don't know how any of us will cope. 

We just live each day as it comes and see what it brings.

love n hugs

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm