Nasal congestion and small bleeds are linked to gbm?

• 3 replies
  • 23 subscribers

Hi, so good to see a community all facing the randomness of GBM.  

I'm supporting  my brother diagnosed September this year , stage 4, inoperable.  Just finished initial radiotherapy and chemo and on a 4 week break.  Issue is he has taken the route of not worrying about his tumour or any possible signs of it progressing, but while my mum and I are respecting his approach, we notice changes a lot and do the worrying behind his back.  He's had a stuffy nose for 6 weeks now..and signs of small bleeds too.  Anyone else have experience of this being linked to GBM?  Any wisdom gratefully received, thanks. 

• HI Moss74

a warm welcome to you.

I'm supporting my husband. He was diagnosed with GBM4 in early Sept 2020. He had surgery and 6 weeks of oral chemo/radiotherapy then declined all further treatment.

He's frequently got a runny nose and appears to have a cold. There have been signs of a few bleeds/episodes but fortunately nothing major since surgery.

Not sure I have any great wisdom to share. it feels as though I am fumbling about in the dark with this horrendous disease. My husband too has his head in the sand about certain aspects of this journey and that makes life difficult. It can be very hard to reason with him these days. 

Not sure if this has helped any. I'd suggest talking to your brother's medical team if you think there's cause for concern here. 

Please remember that you can call the Macmillan Support Services on 0808 808 00 00 - most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week Clicking here to see what is available. This service provides lots of cancer information, emotional support, benefit and financial guidance or just a listening ear.

Out of curiosity - my husband is craving salt. Is this a sign that you've noticed?

Stay strong. Stay positive.

love n hugs

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Thank you Wee Me,

The salt issue is not something we've noticed...but the blocked nose is definitely ongoing! 

Hope you and your husband have a good Christmas, sending positive vibes to all x

• Thanks. Hope you have a lovely Christmas. Stay safe.

love n hugs

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm