Hello

• 1 reply
  • 23 subscribers

Hi my dad got diagnosed in jan did amazing with the start of his treatment but unfortunately in may suffered a massive stroke he is so strong still fighting was unable to carry on with his chemo he now can’t speak can’t swallow all to do with stroke not tumour am so sad for him he is so ill and just won’t give up 

• Hi Lola48

welcome to the online community. So sorry to hear about your Dad's situation. Sounds like he's full of fighting spirit.

A GBM4 diagnosis is cruel and we were warned with my husband that there is a higher risk of strokes. Its so hard to watch them go through this.

How are you holding up?  Please make sure that you take time to look after yourself too here. 

I've found this group and Carers only forum - Macmillan Online Community a great source of support over the past year since my husband's diagnosis. There's always someone here who "gets it."       

Remember too that Macmillan Support Services also offer lots of information, support, financial guidance or just someone to listen. It’s free to call 0808 808 0000. Most services are available 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week. Have a look by Clicking here to see what is available. We also have our Ask an Expert section if you have any specific medical concerns, but do allow two to three working days for replies from our expert team.

Sending you a huge virtual hug. Stay strong

love n hugs

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm