New DVT - Blood Clot To You & Me

• 8 replies
  • 24 subscribers

Blimey, DVT simply came to me at 9.30 yesterday morning from my left leg calf rising through the left knee and taking in the majority of my thigh. Proper throbbing fairly instantly, i wasnt able to bend my left leg past a very small amount making yoiur ability to travel difficult and sore. 

Bless Oxford mind, after they zapped me at 11am they sent me (I pinched and sat in a SCOOTER thought it was a bit young for me but tbh best way forward and will happen again :) ) to the DVT department, scanned me and could confirm I had a bad case of blood clot which is stopping me moving properly and they have started the 'orrible tummy injection, wifes doing it twice a day and I'm thinking she's stabbing me with it but hey,,,, hopefully the DVT in a few days should dishapear and give me my half decent movement back _ I'll keep you posted !

Best, Delmar789

• OUCH!  Both for the DVT and the injections.

My other half developed blood clots in his lungs about 3 weeks post op and was prescribed the lovely tummy injections. He hates them! He has a  phobia about needles which really doesn't help matters. 

I never in a million years thought he would trust me to stab him in the tummy at 6pm every night. 

He's had to keep taking them although the lungs healed as there's a wee clot on the surface of his brain. It took him 6 months but he finally learned how to do the jags himself.

Hope the clot disperses soon.

Hang in there

love n hugs

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hi Delmar789,

Sorry to read that you have a DVT in your leg, seems another one of those things that you have to put up with. Have to say that your wife is very brave to inject you as I never could do that, but my husband was quite ok doing it himself. He had the jabs for about 3 months followed by anti coagulant tablets. (However he still has faint bruising from the jabs several months on). The doctors said that the DVT would just disappear within a short time but to keep on taking the jabs/tablets in case there was another one. Comforting or what? There hasn't been though.

Hope it all works out for you. 

Sending best wishes,

Love

LLamalover xx

• I'm with your Hubby, i think wives like stabbing us :)

Think he's a brave un though mastering it for himself ! 

Dos he still have enlarged feet, as im still taking steroids although they are reducing them, the fat foot doesnt allow you to ware shoes which is a bit short sighted,,,

Take care, and a good weekend, Delmar789

• He didn't have any issues with his feet but then he was a naughty boy and was binning the steroids instead of taking them. Not to be recommended!

• Hi Delmar789,

In reply to your post about feet......my husband had very swollen feet and ankles for some months due to steroids, but now he has reduced his steroid intake they have gone back to normal. Unfortunately, this has also coincided with muscle wastage too. He now has thin legs and feet, but in his case this is due to losing his mobility too. Not really any help to you, but that's what happened to my husband. Everyone is different and unique!!

Love

Llamalover xx

• Dear Llamalover

Many thanks for that, sounds like many people are similar as I to have lost muscle and shape there, hey ho i'm thinking but also very calming to realise other people are combatting and being truly assisted through the same situations by their loved ones ! 

Many thanks and ill be swift to declare my next,,, not going to chat about the excellent (in my case) results of a regular Liquorice eat daily,,,,, :) 

Best, Delmar789

• Hi Wee Me

Just like to say I read a lovey email elsewhere about your Hubby, his sportiness still, his stubboness to win anything that challenges him, his family that backs and assists him and it was lovely for me to read.

Personally I'm one of those people that believes every human being, although can be different in the way they act etc, in reality want the same thing and its lovely to hear similar people. I know nobody thats ever had bad health, the huge ammounts of medication and its name is totally lost to me, I'm not particularly thick its just that I cant alter or better those things so i switch off and simply ask my wife to take it under her wing - Previously whilst watching TV when witnessing people with plastic containers that held medication I always thought of a less than helpful situation, now im regretting that and thinking what a blooming good idea it is LOL 

Best regards, Demar789

• thanks Delmar789. He's stubborn beyond belief but its that determination that's keeping him going. Long may it last.

hope you're doing ok.

love n hugs

Wee Me xx