As 2023 draws to a close

• 3 replies
  • 24 subscribers

Hi everyone

kind of feels wrong to wish each of you "Happy New Year" or maybe that's just me. It also feels wrong to ignore it...can't win here, can I?

So, let me say this. As we approach 2024 may it bring you strength, love and kindness.

love n hugs to you all

Wee Me xx

• Thank you and happy new year and godbless 

Lee

• Thank you Wee Me - perfect words x I’ve been trying to stay away from the social media NY frenzy - I feel a bit mean but I just find it so hard to see all the posts, the wise words and celebrating one year into the next … for me, at this time, it’s too much. Our future is so uncertain and our life is so different and for that, I feel sad and let down. Of course, it’s no one’s fault and I appreciate everyone has their own journey and their own difficulties but as we head into 2024, I’m scared of what lies ahead. I’ve noticed my husband forgetting some words again and getting muddled - I hope it’s just tiredness and the meds but I can’t help my thoughts going back to the speed and the trauma of the initial diagnosis. We have a scan (I say ‘we’ as we ride this storm together) at the end of January ….. it’s such a roller coaster isn’t it? 

Sending love and strength to you all as we head into 2024. We are all here for each other x 

• Perfectly put, WeeMe.. 

Not sure if you feel it too, but it seems strange going into this new year without my dad. I feel like I’m leaving him behind. This journey brings lots of unexpected emotions for me. 

My and my family have always had a bit of a warped sense of humour to cope with losing my dad. We’ve been singing all the normal Christmas songs but taking all the happy words out… 

From my family to yours… 

We wish you a Christmas and New Year xxx :D