Feeling tearful

• 3 replies
  • 5 subscribers

Hi all,

I’m a newbie here. I was diagnosed with metastatic gall bladder cancer after my gall bladder perforated at the beginning of March this year. I was super tearful for the first few weeks and decided to be positive and believe that the Chemotherapy will be the answer. 

I am on capecitabine and the side effects aren’t great! But I’ve found myself becoming more and more tearful this cycle (3rd cycle). I’m hoping it’s just the medication.

I have good friends, a wonderful husband and my sister has been my rock but I feel like I’m failing if I admit how tearful I am.

Thank you for listening 

• Hi I'm Colette,

I just wanted to welcome you to our small group. Like you I'm also Metastatic but my story is unusual in that I have been metastatic for 3 years but have been dealing with gallbladder cancer for 8 years believe it or not! 

I have done gemcitibine and cisplatin chemo regime twice. I've been lucky so far that even though I've had GBC tumours 5 times now since I had my gallbladder removed I've been able to have surgery each time followed twice by the chemo regime.

All I will say to you is it's really ok, don't suppress the waves of emotions you'll encounter on this rollercoaster. I have found myself sobbing into a towel in the bathroom whilst my family are within earshot, desperately hoping no one can hear my self pity wallowing, feeling so guilty, weak of  spirit and embarrassed because I'm the strong one.. 

When I confessed I was struggling at times my family were relieved, I was being stoic so they felt they had to be stoic too. 

So don't hide it, let them know you're tearful and even struggling because you need to get it out and once you do I promise you'll feel a little stronger, I hate the feelings of guilt and sometimes shame cancer makes us feel.

Sending you a gentle hug.

Colette xx

• Hi Colette,

I’m Claire. 

thank you so much for your help xx it means a great deal.

like you said, it’s probably guilt that I’m not as strong as people per sieve me to be and how I feel I should be. I’ve opened up and this does help. Thank you 

I do appreciate your help and your story brings hope and I think you have been through so much and send you a hug right back.

Claire xx

• Hi Claire, 

Reach out anytime, I usually see the responses pretty quickly although I'm in France on holiday right now xx

Colette