New year

• 5 replies
  • 7 subscribers

I just want to wish you all a happier and healthier new year.

I'm on the brink of year 8, that's right year 8 of dealing with Gallbladder cancer. I was originally diagnosed at age 46 with stage 2 and now I'm stage 4. I have had thyroid cancer and also ovarian cancer during this time. My gallbladder cancer has metastasised a few times to various parts of my body and I've been lucky enough to have had surgeries and rounds of  chemotherapy twice. 

I've met some truly lovely people along the way, I've lost far to many of them to this disease, but I try to stay positive and keep marching forward knowing they would want me to keep being positive and pushing on.

I know this group is a tough one to be in, I know the prognosis for our gallbladder cancer is mostly bleak, but there is hope, the human spirit/body can do marvelous things. So I'm going to raise my glass tonight to those who are still dealing with cancer and those we have lost along the way. Keep fighting, keep looking forwards and keep pushing on into 2024.

• Hello   Happy New Year to you. - I have just come across your post as I was browsing other forums on the Community. (I have a different cancer).

You have been through through the mill with cancer - but you are proof that a positive attitude is half the battle. Like you I have met some amazing people on my journey - and sadly have lost some great characters along the way. Cancer is a strange one but it's like a bond we didn't want.

You look after yourself and I hope 2024 brings you good health and everything you could wish for.

Best wishes for the future - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Thanks Brian, I hope you're doing well with your cancer and things aren't too bad right now.  It has been a crazy 8 years but I keep pushing forwards and for some unknown reason, yes my doctors say I'm an anomaly  and so that's what I do, forwards is where we can find hope not backwards. 

Have a great 2024 Tada

• Hello  Thanks for the post - I am on a "Curative Pathway" but with Prostate Cancer if they don't whip it out it's "hormone therapy" so 2 years on that so far - one to go!! (It's hard being a woman!!).

I have the opinion if you are a fighter and have the right attitude you can get there - so an "anomaly" sounds like a blessing in disguise. This cancer club is easy to join but they don't like you to leave!!

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

• I'm on the watch and wait path, ie. I'm incurable but every time my sneaky cancer has metastasised to a new area of my body I've been fortunate to have been right for surgery to remove said tumours. 

I've found writing about my experiences has helped me to deal with it and also to spread the word about rare cancers such as gallbladder cancer. It's a lonely one to have and one very few have even heard of ( myself included initially.

If you're ever bored and want to have a read the link is below

https://gallbladdercancerblog.wordpress.com/

Take care 

Colette Slight smile

• Hello Colette

Thanks for that - I have bookmarked the page and will give it a read later - being a Community Champion you move about on the forums and it's a sharp learning curve - but I have a thirst for things I know little or nothing about.

Best wishes and thanks for the link - Brian

Community Champion badge