Mum stage 4 gallbladder cancer

• 1 reply
  • 6 subscribers

Hi,

Mum was recently diagnosed with gallbladder cancer which has spread to her bowel. She is now in hospital and has the following symptoms:

Can't eat or drink

Nausea and vomiting (brown stuff)

Severe constipation

Drastic weight loss

I am presuming that this is the beginning of the end? No sugar-coating wanted. This is so devastating 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read that your mum is currently in hospital having been diagnosed with gallbladder cancer which has spread to her bowel and it's natural to wonder if the symptoms she has might mean that her life is coming to an end.

Macmillan has this information on what to expect at the end of life which you might find helpful and you could also talk to your mum's hospital team, with her permission, to get a prognosis.

You might also like to join the supporting someone with incurable cancer group which is for carers, friends and families of people with a terminal diagnosis to discuss their emotions about the prospect of losing their loved ones, as well as practical issues about palliative care and end of life.

If this is something that you'd like to do, just click on the link I've created which will take you straight there. Once you've joined you can start a new post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

((hugs))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"