Any advice please?

• 12 replies
  • 6 subscribers

Hello there to you all

I’m a 48 year old female, last August I was in A&E with the most terrible stomach, back ache, toilet problems loose and then constipated and sickness. This went on for a month I lost a stone and was in a bad way!

I had various blood and tests all ok. Scans also. 

I was first sent home with medication for acid reflux and told to get some laxatives from the chemist.  
Seriously!! Anyway I was back and forward to A&E. cut a long story short I was told I had fluid on my kidneys and a cyst on my liver and a singular polyp in my gallbladder 7mm. 
Told to get rescanned in six months.
Which I did and then I was told I have a kidney stone and more cysts on my liver.  Now the polyp in my gallbladder is 10mm. 
it has grown 3mm more in six months (and usually they grow on average  2mm in a year)……

they’re going to remove gallbladder when I don’t know!!!

I have had a telephone conversation with a doctor from the hospital over month ago….said to go have a recent blood test then I can have a ct scan.

Still waiting………for the CT scan

Nearly five months since last scan……..

I got an appointment to see doctor in August………..

I wonder how big the polyp is now……when get to 10mm they could be precancerous, I feel like no one seems to care I’m a single mother with kids!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

It sounds like you've been through a great deal to get this point and it's natural to worry that this could lead to cancer.

I'm not a member of this group but I'm sure the other group members will be happy to answer any you might have based on their own experiences.

Sending ((hugs))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Good morning to you and thank you for the warm welcome. I am looking forward to being able to discuss this with others alike. 
    thanking you once again. 

• Good news that your blood tests were good. Did they check for tumour markers CA19-9 and CEA?  I’m sure they did but worth checking.  What kind of doctor you seeing in August? Can you go back to your GP and see if they can expedite things?

• Good morning to you and thank you so much for replying 

they did a check for CA19 was>35 no one has discussed this with me. 

I will be seeing the surgeon in August apparently! My GP says that I have been referred so nothing much he can do from his end. 

How is your health? Xx

• Hi Seg1,

Sorry I missed your initial post but just catching up with your story and I'm sorry to hear of your suffering. It's always an incredibly scary time when you don't get a full diagnosis straight away, the anxiety can be worse than the actual results. 

Your CA19-9 blood test is very good and as Jelly Fin said it's our cancer marker for gallbladder cancer but yours is in the normal range so that's hugely positive news for you, 

Might seem a silly question but have you been tested for Crohn's disease or IBS? my son has Crohn's and some of your symptoms are incredibly like he gets.

It must be terribly worrying for you not having your appointment until August, could you maybe ring your surgeons secretary and ask to be put on any cancellation lists they might have? I've done that in the past for scans etc so might be worth a call.

• Oh and ps... Kidney stones are horrendous, my friend had one and she thought she was going to die with the pain xx

• Hi . My health is good atm thanks for asking. My gallbladder along with its unwelcome visitor was removed this time last year and so far no sign of cancer recurrence. Doesn’t stop me from being in a near permanent state of anxiety though Rofl  

I’m sure August seems a lifetime away for you at the moment. Like  says you can phone the surgeon’s secretary. Make yourself a thorn in their side till you get seen  Don’t be anonymous. You have to advocate for yourself. 

• Hi there

Apparently I have one kidney stone, but I have no symptoms or anything.  
    Yes I will give a call thank you for your advice xx

• Thank you I will. Glad to hear your out of woods. I’m just overwhelmed as I’m in my own with kids. That’s all. I know ppl are in worse positions. My thoughts go out to them. 
    I feel stupid to even join here as I haven’t had no news as yet.  
    just Google too much !!! Xx

•   try to stay away from Google. It really isn’t your friend. And I hope (in the nicest possible way) that you leave this group soon Grinning