Diagnosed and treatment

• 34 replies
  • 8 subscribers

Hi I'm a mum to 2 little ones I'm 35 I've just been diagnosed with gallbladder cancer I'm having chemotherapy treatment through IV after the courses I am having surgery to remove the whole gallbladder, I'm still in shock and I'm finding it difficult to even talk about it with family. I'm taking it one day at a time, it would be nice to talk to others going through a similar situation and I think it would help me and others.   

• Thank you. I can remember you saying about being positive. I do feel I’ve stepped back into the anxiety already I think that’s down to the size situation but I am going to try really hard to be positive and your blog is just so helpful the way it is written from your personal feelings. I havnt heard from Riccardo so I am hoping his was good news. Take care and thank you so much for replying x

• That’s the perfect plan Raised hands tone1 there really isn’t any point is there. I think this time I feel less shocked and it is more that I am exhausted at the moment as we have a poorly dog well two and I’m not sleeping great. It never helps when I’m tired I think we all manage a little better with a good nights sleep x

• JoyJoy Enjoy that hot dog Hotdog and pizza xx

• Hi, Collette 

I started capecitabine yesterday and so far don't feel anything.  I wonder if this will last?

Virginia 

• Hopefully you won't have too many side affects or issues with the first treatment. I'm not sure what the side affects are if that particular regime, I had gemcitibine and cisplatin but I hope you rest up and take one day at a time Virginia. Hopefully the treatment won't be harsh xx

• Hi Smiffy

I have almost completed week 2 of Xeloda. Mostly ok but I feel a little sick. Looking forward to a week off. My blood work is not good,  but they won't do scans for 2 months. 

How are you?

There sure aren't many members in our forum!

Virginia 

• Dear Lotte,

How are you doing? How is the chemo?

I am completing week 2 of capecitabine and it's not too terrible. 

Let us know how you are!

• Irisgal
  • Hi. Don’t think I’ve posted on this forum before. I’m 54 with 3 teenage boys. It’s exactly 1 year since my gallbladder removal/liver resection op in June 22. My GBC had spread to lymph node and duodenum. Completed 6 months of Capecitabine by Xmas 22 and currently NED. Now trying my best to lead a normal life. It’s like the sword of Damocles hanging over me. Desperate  to hear stories of long term survivors which is why I seek out forums like these. There’s a Facebook group with lots of members across the world. 
    Sending strength to all the fighters out there! 
     I hope you’re doing ok. I know it’s so hard to talk to family about this. You don’t want to pass all your worry and fear onto them. I’ve found it easier to seek out a friend who’s a good listener and positive thinker.

thanks for sharing the blog it really helps. 

• Hi Jelly fin, it's nice to meet you. I hope you're recovering well from the chemo and surgeries? 

I have my results day on Tuesday (I'm on 3 monthly monitoring scans) so I'm a little anxious but, like you, I have been NED for 6 months and I'm keeping positive that Tuesday will be another good day and I'll still be NEDFingers crossed tone2

We know the statistics are pretty grim for GBC, however statistics don't cover every case and I'm still here to tell the tale, living and breathing 7 years on from my first diagnosis x

Fingers crossed tone2

•   I’ve got everything crossed for you that Tuesday is a great big NO NEWS day.