Six months have now passed

• 1 reply
  • 6 subscribers

Sadly it’s time for me to leave this group.

My husband was diagnosed with Stage 4 Gallbladder cancer last May. A plan for his palliative treatment was put in place. He was told that his life expectancy was 6 to12 months.

We went on holiday to Yorkshire in July, he began Chemo on our return.

Mid August I had to take him to A&E with an infection and he was in hospital for 9 days. He phoned me to say he was being discharged on Monday 23rd. I drove to the hospital to collect him and saw him waiting outside of the main entrance in a wheelchair. As I pulled up alongside him he got out of the wheelchair to get into the car but collapsed. Fortunately paramedics were close by and helped him but it was quickly decided that he would need to be re-admitted. 

Due to covid restrictions he sat outside of A&E waiting to be taken in, he very quickly became worryingly ill and was rushed in to Resus - he died at 5.30pm, 6 months ago, the cause was his heart.

I’ve not been on here since then but would like, now, thank you. In those early days when he was first diagnosed you were a support.

Goodbye and good wishes to you all 

• Hello Rosie, so sorry to be reading this post, sending my sincere condolences to you and you dear family, i wish it was better news. I was nice to read you went on a holiday together creating special memories, take care and good wishes .

Chris xx

Its sometimes not easy but its worth it ! 

Community Champion Badge