Gall Bladder cancer that has spread to and beyond the Lymph nodes, Aorta and Vina cava

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 7 replies
  • 5 subscribers

Has anyone in the community had a similar condition? Did you manage to find some comfort from the discomfort in the tummy (under the ribs) whilst waiting for treatment? I am waiting for an Endoscopy Ultrasound and biopsy to determent the type of cancer i have, so as to be able to prescribe controlling chemotherapy or similar? Has anyone found a good place to go to reduce or control the anxiety too?

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community

I haven't had the same condition as you but I wanted to welcome you to the community as I noticed that your post hasn't had any replies yet.

Feeling anxious is something that's common with everyone who has cancer and you might find it helpful to have a look at Macmillan's information on managing anxiety.

Do come back and let us know the results of your tests.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thank you. I have had the endoscopy and the MDT team are discussing me next Tuesday. Thereafter i should get the full diagnosis and treatment plan. Yes i will come back with the outcome and share. Managing anxiety for me so far is about taking everything one day at a time and marking the success each day. So Endoscopy in London Tick. Revovery from side affects tick. Results TBA

• Good news that all the tests are over but I do know what an anxious time waiting for results can be. Someone once said to me that all the worry in the world won't change the outcome but it will ruin the present. Wise words I thought.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you don't have to wait too long Fingers crossed

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Thanks for the kind words. Meeting oncologist on the morning of 2nd February to begin discussions re treatment plan. Will update here when I know more. Seems gallbladder cancer is rare. Taking life one day at a time and will continue to do so during treatment because that is how I think I will best deal with it. Thank you Pray 

• I agree that taking just one day at a time is a really good way of deal with everything . If you try and look too far ahead you may waste precious energy worrying about something that may never happen.

I'm hoping you'll find that once you have your treatment plan in place you'll start to feel more in control and less anxious.

x

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

I have a treatment plan of chemotherapy starting on the 17th February for 3 months then scan to see if the cancer has stopped growing or shrunk. It’s a worrying time with the uncertainty of what the chemotherapy will bring.  At least I have a date and some progress

• Hello Ponsot1980! How is your chemotherapy been, did you have any annoying side effects? I hope you scan showed the results you were expecting and that you holding on well!