I’m back again

• 3 replies
  • 20 subscribers

Hello, it’s a few months since I last posted, my husband has NHFL found on a yearly CT scan that he has for his kidney cancer. He was going to have radiotherapy with an intent to cure until they found from the same CT scan that he has stomach cancer so the lymphoma was put on hold. He had his stomach removed in Jan and he’s doing fine. We have an appointment with the hematology on Tue, I’m wondering if it will still be radiotherapy if so how many of them do you have to have and does it make you feel Ill. I think he would prefer to do the watch and wait but would do what’s suggested. Thanks 

• Hi again Sue  oh things have been full in for you both. We would be second guessing what they will recommend but if the area is much the same they may still do radiotherapy.

I had a total of 45 sessions of radiotherapy (5, 10 then 30) and these were all different numbers because of where the treatment was directed so it’s a wait and see with that regards so any side effects the only problem I had was fatigue (from the regular daily trips to hospital) and dry skin. But again it depends on the area treated - some treatments to the face can bring a few short term problems ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thanks Mike, I’ll be back after appointment to let you all know how it went. Problem with radiotherapy is I don’t drive and hospital is 45 mins away I just hope he can manage the drive but I’m sure it’ll be ok. X

Sue Xx
  • It’s a tricky one driving.

I drove for my first set of 5 on my tennis ball sized lump above my head and this was ok but we are only 15mins from the hospital.

I was in hospital when I had the 10 and living in accommodation close to the hospital for the 30.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge