Diagnosis update

• 3 replies
  • 9 subscribers

Hi...been a while since I was here and happy to say that my lymphoma has become inactive, though there is no guarantee it will not come back.

As a result of the radiotherapy all that's left is scar tissue which is the only thing I can feel in the area. The lyphadema is stable but still need to wear those terrible stockings or tight shorts to help with support.Confounded

This I can manage but recently the pain in my hip has got bad, so went to see the Doc. He's sending me off for another MRI to check it out, but he suspects the radiotherapy has caused Arthritis to form in the area. It's possible I had already something there but treatment brought it forward. I knew that I might still have some after effects for a while, but having Arthritis I was not warned about...

Has anyone else had this from being treated?

Well that's my rant for the day and hope whoever reads this has a good and safe year ahead....

Many thanks

• Hi  and good to hear your update.

Post treatment 'medical leftovers' can indeed happen...... my main one is a heart condition that resulted in a heartattack in April last year.... but all fixed and the meds are doing their job Rolling eyes

11 years into my diagnosis and after my early treatments I developed Spinal Osteoarthritis........ amazingly following my two Allo Stem Cell Transplants in June 2014 then Oct 2015........ I now don't have any problems with this - the body is a funny old tent we have to live in.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi...

Great to hear from you...

I guess it's a small price to pay for surviving cancer and continuing with our journey in life..Thumbsup

I'm glad the treatments you got in helping to feel better worked. The pain I have is manageable...I'm just sad I have Arthritis now. But like everything before I will be determined not to let it get me down or take over my life...

• One of the many lessons I have learned over my 23 years living with my type of incurable Lymphoma is encapsulated in this thought….

The road we navigate on our journey has two directions to follow. There are two signs along this road one sign is pointing to Pessimism, a mindset that always sees the worst will happen, not appreciating that the many treatments available can do the job, where stress and worry controls every aspect of life and as a result the journey is made extremely hard and draining.

The other sign points to Optimism, a mindset that is full of hopefulness, determination, confidence about the future and appreciates that the treatments available can turn the Lymphoma tide….. even in the most challenging storms. It’s important to continually seek to choose the optimistic direction as this simple thing can define how you walk out cancer journey.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge