Fatigue

• 1 reply
  • 9 subscribers

Hi

I'm currently in remission from NHFL since April this year Slight smile

I'm about to have number 4 of 12 Rituximab maintenance therapy but really struggling with fatigue Weary 

I've never agreed with 'energy drinks' but now seriously considering trying some! My bloods are normal except folic acid low.

Does anyone have any experience of energy drinks?

Cheers 

Denise 

• Hi Denise  and a warm welcome to this corner of the Community although I am always sorry to see folks joining us. I am Mike and I help out around our various Lymphoma groups. I don’t have Follicular Lymphoma but I was diagnosed way back in 1999 at 43 with a rare, incurable but treatable type of Low Grade NHL eventually reaching Stage 4a so although my Lymphoma ‘type’ is different I do appreciate the challenges of this journey rather well.

I did not have any maintenance treatment as my treatment story was rather different but I do understand Fatigue as I had it in bucket loads.

You have to try ‘everything’ to bring fuel (energy) into your body although I did not like energy drinks so stuck to high protein foods.

The bizarre thing about fatigue is….. the less you do the worse the fatigue gets and the longer it takes to recover.

Rituximab maintenance can be relentless so for some and it can result in fatigue…… I had 6 x 130hrs of Rituximab during my main chemo and actually did ok with it.

Always around to chat.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge