Anxious and confused

• 2 replies
  • 3 subscribers

Hi everyone- I am just trying to calm myself down to be honest! I’m so confused and don’t really know whats going on!

i developed double vision in my left eye completely randomly last week, totally out of no where so I contacted my gp.. he asked to see me that day and done a quick once over and advised I make an optician appointment which I did for the next morning.. Fast forward to eye test and optician spent a long time on my right eye, which incidentally was fine in my opinion and was not giving me issues.. he was very very vague and did not say much except that I need to go the hospital to see an opthomologist  as he can see some discolouration.. 

So I attended the opthomology department at hospital yesterday and had some triage bits and pieces scans and vision tests, the Dr dilated my pupils with drops and had a good look around, he then asked me to wait in waiting room again… when I returned he had 2 other eye drs with him who both wanted to look at my right eye.. I was an anxious mess at this point as no one was telling me what was going on.. there was a lot of medical terms being passed between them all but no one speaking to me … eventually the dr said I have a legion at the back of my eye and they need to take photos of it, and that I need to be seen every 4 months to monitor it.. so I have another appointment at a different hospital this weekend.. I’m assuming to take photos I really don’t know.. 

so anyhow! my GP rang me this morning to discuss the report he’d been sent from opthomologist .. he said the hospital have said it’s a Amelanotic choroidal nevus. He also said to me as it’s not his field he’s not too clued up on it, but he ‘thinks’ amelanotic means colourless legion so it’s harmless.. is this right?? I’ve done the silly thing of googling and it’s not clear.. so sorry for this long winded post I’m just anxious… I’m at the hospital Saturday so I will ask all these questions but maybe someone can put my mind at rest about it x

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community

It can be very confusing when you're having tests, etc and it's common to feel that you don't know what's happening. Hopefully you'll get some more answers at your appointment tomorrow.

If you can it's best to stay clear of google, although we've all done it. It can be a great resource but can also lead you down rabbit holes filled with doom and gloom. Once you know what you're dealing with I'm sure there will be people in the group who will be happy to share their experiences with you and answer any questions you have.

Waiting for tests and results can be daunting but I found that the best thing for me was to fill my days doing things I enjoyed. Lots of people find mindfulness really helpful and if this is something that interests you clicking here will take you to the NHS page where you can download apps, some of which are free.

Do come back and let us know how it goes tomorrow

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi

How did it go at the hospital today? Hopefully you were able to ask all your questions.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"