Duodenal adenocarcinoma

• 24 replies
  • 8 subscribers

Hi, 

I was diagnosed with a duodenal tumour in late summer, I was booked for a Whipples but the PET scan showed spread to regional lymph nodes so my surgery was cancelled and I was referred to the oncologists. There were a few delays, due to the pandemic I think, but I started Chemotherapy at the beginning of December and am now midway through my second cycle. Is there any one else in a similar situation? 

Thanks

• Thats great news a reduction in the tumour and lymph glands. 

Hes doing well. On 5th chemo then one cycle  before a 3 or 6 month rest.

Hes hoping to go back to work !! 

Keep us updated about your journey x

• Thanks Lara,

am so glad your brother is doing well, I'm hopefully starting cycle 5 next week then one more cycle before a break. I've not asked how long that will be yet, one thing at a time!

I am also hoping to go back to work after cycle 6, we shall see! 

Sarah 

• Hi Salis 

I hope you manage to go back to work. Keeps your mind active . Take each day at a time and stay positive  

• Hi the cancer is very rare I’ve had it for 3 years and done 25 rounds of chemo I’m not operable but I get on with it.  I’m now starting another chemo with the bum back my main cancer is staple but it has appeared in my lung.  I’ve had side effects but most of all I could lead a fairly normal life I eat and drink ok just get tired abit I now have the line fitted as the cannulas were getting too much wished I’d had the line fitted before now 

• Thanks for your message Sanni, I had not heard of anyone doing so well with this cancer. I'm currently on my fifth cycle of 6. I haven't spoken to my oncologist about next steps yet. 

Your message is very encouraging.

Sarah 

• Hi Sal

Very good news a reduction in your tumour .Sorry about the platelets. Itsca ahame about the surgery . 

My brother had his scan results back after chemo. Still stayed the same so better than growing.

They have put him on a 3 to 6 month break. He his startìng on immune therapy next round. He knew he had lynch syndrome , but been identified MSH2 gene. Thus responds well to immune therapy. 

He had a scan midway whilst on break. Still positive and hopefully returning to work .

You keep positive Sal and keep me updated 

• Hi Lara12,

I'm glad your brother is doing well, good luck with the return to work. I had my last infusion today and had my PICC removed, I have a CT scan on 24th April then I will be on three monthly reviews. I will be looking at a phased return to work after I've recovered from this round of chemotherapy.

Best wishes and let me know how your brother is doing

Sarah 

• Thank you . Good luck with your scan. Keep us posted   

• I have just had the results of my post chemotherapy CT scan and everything looks stable so now it's just watch and wait. Review CT in three months. In the meantime I've returned to work (working from home). 

Sarah 

• Hi Sal

Thats brill news . Dont wear yourself out Grin