New here & struggling with diagnosis of CLL (2 weeks ago)

• 1 reply
  • 21 subscribers

Hi everyone,

I have been diagnosed with B Cell - CLL Leukemia just 2 weeks ago. Its taken 18 months to finally get a diagnosis. (Long story).

Anyway I am struggling to process it all and haven't been to work (self employed) & I've just cried everyday. I am already seeing a one to one online counsellor. 

I have my first appointment tomorrow with Haemotology Dept and am terrified. What can I expect... can anyone fill me in?

Most grateful Slight smile

• Hi again  and welcome across to this corner of the Community.

As I said in your FIRST POST in the New to Community I don’t have Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL)....... but I was diagnosed way back in 1999 at 43 with a rare, incurable but treatable type of Low Grade Non Hodgkin’s Lymphoma eventually reaching Stage 4a in late 2013.

So although my Blood Cancer ‘type’ is different I do appreciate the challenges of this journey rather well........ as CLL and Low Grade Lymphomas react very similarly and this is why Lymphoma Action........ the only UK Lymphoma Specific Charity has lots of good reliable information, videos etc.

There are a number of active members on the group at the moment so let’s look for them to pick up on your post, you can also go through the older posts (hit the main group heading) and as always you can hit reply to any post and see if the member is still using the site.

I won't repeat everything I said in your FIRST POST but I am always around to help out as best as I can ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge