Cll. New boy.

• 1 reply
  • 21 subscribers

I was first diagnosed about 5 years ago. It was picked up very early from a routine blood test. I have tried to ignore it, having been told that something else was probably going to kill me first before the leukaemia. However it has eaten away at my mental health. Shielding for most of the last 3 years has destroyed my self confidence, and has caused my marriage to end.

Where I was once coping, now I am not, and I feel it is time to ask for the support of others who can understand and answer some of the many questions that I have. I have read articles about the condition, but don’t wish to delve further without the guidance of someone mire knowledgable, in case I go into dark waters which further cause mental health detriment.

so I reaching out to the people who I consider the best source of wisdom available.

this maybe the only positive thing I do this week. I am putting my hook in the water to see if I can catch the right fish.

• Hi  and a warm welcome to this corner of the Community although I am always sorry to see folks joining us. I am Mike and I help out around our various Lymphoma groups. 

I don’t have Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) but I was diagnosed way back in 1999 at 43 with a rare, incurable but treatable type of Non Hodgkin’s Lymphoma eventually reaching Stage 4a in late 2013 so although my Lymphoma ‘type’ is different I do appreciate the challenges of this journey rather well.

Lets look for some of the group members to pick up on your post. You can also look through the various posts (hit the main group name and scroll down) and as always you can hit reply and ask some questions and see if the member is looking in.

You may want to check k out Lymphoma Action.. Lymphoma Action is the only UK Lymphoma Specific Charity who include CLL who have lots of good reliable information.

They run regular Support Platforms...... I highly recommend these groups as there is nothing better than talking with other who have walked the journey.

They also have a great Lymphoma Action Buddy Service where people can be linked up with someone who has walked the same treatment journey. They also have a Lymphoma helpline on 0808 808 5555 where Sharon or Nic will be on hand to give you some support - open every week day from 10 till 3.

Always around to help more or just to chat

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge