New to the group I have CLL.

• 1 reply
  • 20 subscribers

Hi everyone.  

I have just joined this group and I have CLL. I was formally diagnosed last year when I was 50, but the symptoms were visable 2 years prior.  I had countless blood tests over those years to get an idea of my  white blood cell counts and to dismiss any possible infections. 

• Hi  and welcome to this corner of the Community although I am always sorry to see folks joining us. I am Mike and I help out around our various Blood Cancer groups.

I don’t have CLL but I was diagnosed back in 1999 with a rare, incurable type of Low-Grade Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma Stage 4a so although my Blood Cancer ‘type’ is different I understand the challenges of the journey well.

Diagnosis of these types of blood cancers can at times take years as they are often mistaken for other health issues so it’s not unusual for folks to have no idea that they actually have cancer.

It’s important to find good information so you may want to check out the Lymphoma Action website. Lymphoma Action is a small but very active UK Lymphoma Specific Charity who have lots of good reliable information, videos, webinars….

You may think that this would not be the best place for information but CLL and SLL are different forms of the same illness. They are often grouped together as a type of slow-growing (low-grade or indolent) Non-Hodgkin lymphoma.

Lets look for some of the group members to pick up on your post. You can also look through the various posts (hit the main group name and scroll down) and as always you can hit reply and ask some questions and see if the member is looking in.

Happy to chat more at any time

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge