Hair loss

• 1 reply
  • 13 subscribers

Hi, I finished my treatment for CLL in February and in March my hair started falling out. My GP says its my body recovering after being under stress, bit like being pregnant and it will grow back. Its growing back very slowly and although some is still falling out its not as bad. I just wonder if anyone else had this problem?

• Hi   and a warm welcome to this corner of the Community although I am always sorry to see folks joining us. I am Mike and I help out around our various Blood Cancer groups.

I don’t have Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) but I was diagnosed way back in 1999 at 43 with a rare, incurable but treatable type of Low Grade NHL eventually reaching Stage 4a in late 2013 so although my Lymphoma / Blood Cancer ‘type’ is different I do appreciate the challenges of this journey rather well.

Hair problems will be different for everyone as it all depends on the treatment you have had..... so treatments are stronger than others...... but also everyone's bodies recover at different rates..... and this includes Hair Loss

I had some strong treatments over my years so lost my hair on three occasions and each time it took a good 3 to 6 months but on average, hair grows at a rate of around 1cm or half an inch a month

Always around to help more or just to chat

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge