Newly diagnosed anyone 35 and under?

• 2 replies
  • 13 subscribers

Hi i was diagnosed last week. Im 35 and female so this is rare for my age. Im worried as expected and fearful of the quality of life i will lead from now on. Im not sure what to expect or do. Im still waiting for my CT scan to find out what plan is from there. 
i still can’t get over the fact i have an incurable disease that can make me vulnerable to other Cancers. 

i would like to speak to others who were diagnosed at my age or younger and how have they coped? 

i heard fasting helps? Is fasting helpful? 

• The youngest I have read was a male with CLL at 19 years.

Time for you to have a full workup of your CLL:- Mutated or Unmutated, 13q, 11q 12tri, or 17p.

Then what you are looking for is a trend, NOT one specific measurement, which could be out due to having a cold or some severe exercise etc.  When a significant trend occurs over a 6 or 9 month period only then can anyone give you a full prognosis.

Eat well, exercise and watch your weight obviously..

Try NOT to worry.. I was diagnosed in 2005, or 17 years ago, still have had no treatment and still do hill walking and cycling.

PLUS we now have in the UK at least two treatments which are not strong chemotherapy; just a simple pill to take every day.

Good luck on your CLL journey.

• Hi  and a second to this corner of the Community although I am always sorry to see folks joining us. I am Mike and I help out around our various Blood Cancer groups.

I don’t have CLL but I was diagnosed back in 1999 with a rare, incurable but treatable type of NHL Stage 4a at the age of 43 so although my Blood Cancer ‘type’ is different I know this journey rather well.

Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) and small lymphocytic lymphoma (SLL). CLL and SLL are different forms of the same illness. They are often grouped together as a type of slow-growing (low-grade or indolent) non-Hodgkin lymphoma. 

You may find the Lymphoma Action website. Lymphoma Action is a small but very active UK Lymphoma Specific Charity who have lots of good reliable information, videos, webinars….

They run regular Regional Lymphoma Online Support Groups for both patients and Carers and a great Lymphoma Action Buddy Service where people can be linked up with someone who has walked the same treatment journey.

((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge