How can I encourage my Doc to provide me with IgVH test? Also IPI determination?

• 1 reply
  • 7 subscribers

Does anyone know how I can encourage my consultant to perform an IgVH test. He says the NHS no longer do this test as it does not impact on treatment choices. It seems that prognosis should no longer be a concern for CLL patients - even if they have an "unusually aggressive" form of CLL that does not respond to chemo - are we all going to live a full and long life? Have we effectively cured CLL?

Also, how can I convince my doc that a International Prognostic Index number would be useful to me, in such a way that he would provide me with one?

• Hi again , no answer for this one but you want to check out the Macmillan Support Services on 0808 808 00 00 - most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week Clicking here to see what is available. This service can give lots of cancer information, support, financial guidance or just a listening ear.

We also have our Cancer Nurse Team in the Ask an Expert section, but do allow two working days for replies from our expert team

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge