Side effects of Imatinib

• 2 replies
  • 6 subscribers

Hi there

I was diagnosed with CML Dec 31st 2020, I have been taking Imatinib 400 for two weeks now and slowly over the last 3/4 days I 'm getting horrible stomach pain and discomfort, which seems to get worse on moving about, my stomach is tender from just under my ribs, is this a common side effect, wanted to leave for a few days before contacting nurse/Dr as I don't like to make a fuss. Any advice would be welcome. Thanks

• Common side affects are listed here www.macmillan.org.uk/.../imatinib but you probably already checked that Slight smile

If any side affects are worrying you, please contact your doctor. They will not consider you contacting them as making a fuss especially if you are in pain. There's so many different possible side affects with these TKIs. For what its worth, the side affects I had on imatinib was tiredness at the start, then cramps as time went on.

• Hi Asdtz5,

I am sorry to read that you experienced such awful stomach discomfort, how are you now? Did your Doctor link the discomfort to your Imatinab?

Hope you are feeling much better, Kathy