Bowel cancer gene

• 7 replies
  • 2 subscribers

I have inherited bowel

fap cancer gene and had bowel

surgery over 30 years my 15 year old has it as well

and had scope test two years ago and was good results next week she been referrred to out patients in Belfast I presume the plan is to get her back on register for scope test but we hsve told her nothing about her future as we never seen councillor or gene doctors in two Years I am

more stressed with anxiety feel Like my head wi

explode I try my own doctors as last few weeks but can’t get a doctor this appointment just make it worse for me ha anyone ever had gastro paed in out patients what happens 

• Hi  

I can understand what a worrying time this must be for you with your daughter going for a hospital appointment next week. I hope that since you posted this message you have managed to see your GP for help with your anxiety.

You asked if

anyone ever had gastro paed in out patients what happens 

I did a search for you in the online community for people's experiences with "gastro paed", but I think that predictive text might have altered your wording as nothing came up. If you could tell me what 'gastro paed' should have said I could do a search again for you.

Wishing you and your daughter all the best with her appointment next week.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• I have been trying to see or speak with my gp for last two

weeks but nO success they gave me diazepamn for a week which with me being under eught stone they make me sleep all day so

i can’t take them she going outpatients unit paed gastro

Clinic in Belfast 

• I'm really sorry to read that you still haven't managed to speak to your GP  . The only thing I can suggest is that you try again after the Bank Holiday or ring NHS111 for advice.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• It is the paed gastro clinic if anyone can help me on what happens here please it might ease my anxiety 

• I've just typed "paediatric gastro clinic" into the group search bar  but, unfortunately, no previous posts have come up where this is mentioned.

You should have contact details for the clinic on the appointment letter so giving them a call on Tuesday should enable you to find out what your daughter can expect.

Alternatively, you could give the nurses on the Macmillan Support Line a call and they should be able to help you as well. It's free to call on 0808 808 0000 and they're available every day from 8am to 8pm.

x

Community Champion Badge

• I rang hosp this week but I only got secretary who said it a outpatient centre and a new doc but thanks very much