Gastro

• 6 replies
  • 2 subscribers

Has anyone any experiences of gastro paed clinic my child goes this week and we don’t no why we go here and what happens 

• Hi again  

I wondered if you'd taken up my previous suggestion of asking the nurses on the Macmillan Support Line what happens at the gastro paed clinic? Whilst they won't be able to access your child's medical records, they would be able to give you an overview of what usually happens at that clinic.

To save you looking up the number it's 0808 808 0000 and they're available every day from 8am to 8pm.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• I rung them and got lovely lady she said hopefully it a talk with us and that I can ask to go and speak with consultant first and explain my worries and that anything to be done I want under sedation and that it might be possible for my husband to

sit in as well as he not no much either I rang hosp and it depends on the receptionist if she will

let two parents attend on the day I have got my daughter prepared for a talk nothing else so any examinations will

put her off but nurse said maje this clear it my anxiety that worry me thank you so

much for your support 

• That's great to hear and I hope everything goes smoothly for you.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• I will message this evening I really hope so even we got a date for next colonoscopy as it been near two years for her but last time scope was good results as long as they go gentle with information today and don’t scare her I think she will go back again 

• We got on very well when we went to hosp 

I Asked  receptionist could I speak 

jn private to doctor first and the doctor let me go in and tell

my worries snd back ground history she said wait rill

my girl

16 next year and we explain more she said she would tell her want one more scope and compare results with two years ago as two years ago her bowel

And polyp count was low and all

Well

Under the 5 mm size doc told us all

thst she get her bokked in april

onwsrds with full sedation scope and she can’t see any reason that polyps would develop much in two years and will talk with both of us parents on day of scope if a big change in polyps then she be referred to adult services in Belfast but she can’t see that happen as my girl has no symptoms or signs of anything wrong with bowel

she going to refer us as a family when she 16 to

Psychology for family liaison and my hubby can go to 

thank us all for your help I was shaking in with doc snd she said try get my own fovtot to help me xx

• Glad to read that it all went really well 

x

Community Champion Badge