CIN 1

• 3 replies
  • 31 subscribers

hi 6 months ago i had my first smear test im 25 it came out as low grade dyskariosis and i had a routine colposcopy 6 months later which was a week ago. at the appointment it was normal when she put the acetic acid on the doctor said she didn’t see any abnormalities then when she put the iodine on my cervix there was a small white spot and she took a biopsy. she said she thinks it’s cin 1 just like my smear test. but im so scared i can’t stop looking on the internet im only 25 and have a 6 year old who is my whole life SobSob i can’t eat, i stopped going to the gym, waiting for the biopsy results is driving me crazy. she told me that if so they would send me back to my gp for a follow up appointment in a year. what is the chance that something more sinister or worse will come out?

• Hi  and welcome to our group.

CIN1 is a very low level of abnormality in cervical cells, so if I‘d recommend you stop reading things on the internet which are scaring you. Even in a group like this you will probably read things about cancer which could worry you, 

The chance of you having anything else found is tiny, so to put your life on hold is a real shame and will make waiting for the biopsy results feel even longer for you. CIN1 is not cancer and especially in younger women would be monitored rather than treated as the cells may regress on their own.

I’d recommend just living your life as you would normally do, and not assume that you may have anything worse than a slight abnormality in cells. Worrying doesn’t actually achieve anything and will make you miserable so enjoy the holidays with your son!

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Thank you for your reply. In the end, the biopsy showed no cellular changes. In case someone in my situation sees this, I just want to tell you not to worry. CIN 1 usually returns to normal on its oFingers crossed.Fingers crossed

• Thanks very much for the update  

I’m glad that you had such a good result after all the worry you had. Phew!

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm