Symptoms help

• 3 replies
  • 31 subscribers

Hi there hopefully I'm posting in the right place, from I was 28 (now 38)  I've had had two lettz treatments for cin3 I've had a good bit of cervix removed and was advised against anymore children, this is fine as I'm blessed with children already. I've had ongoing smears yearly and have tested positive for HPV previously, two weeks before my last smear test I started to lightly bleed sometimes dark like the end of a period then sometimes bright red, I had my smear done at the gynaecology department in my local hospital usually a doctor does it and tends to have a look at the cervix this time it was just a nurse doing a quick smear on her own, and I was told it could take 4 months for results even if there's an issue, my searm was on the 1st may I was bleeding on off ruffly a week and a half before that but only bright red during intercourse and would bleed abit after would settle to brown light again, I have been bleeding now for about 8 weeks and it's got heavier particularly at night time to a point it's waking me every night it's soaking threw a tampax and a pad and when I go to the toilet I lose alot long with clots, I am feeling tired and heavy in the stomach. I have went to the doctors she had a quick look and has red flagged me to gynaecology again for a proper check and a scan, I've had no results back yet from the smear and waiting on an appointment, I've not had this happen before and it has me worried are these symptoms I should be concerned about, the bleeding is happing now without any for of intercourse. Sorry for tmi, anyone else experienced this? 

• Hi  and welcome to our group.

I know it must be worrying for you, but it’s good you’ve had a referral made and will see a gynaecologist for a more detailed examination. Don’t worry about anything in a group like this being too much information-it’s fine for you to describe your bleeding.

It does seem to be quite heavy bleeding- filling a pad in an hour would be considered to be heavy, but you’re also losing clots when you go to the loo. It really doesn’t matter that you haven't yet had results back from the smear-the important thing is to get unusual symptoms investigated, no matter when they are happening. I'm not surprised you are tired with bleeding for so long-it must be exhausting.

It’s impossible to say what might be the cause, so I think you’re just going to have to wait for your referral to come through to get answers or any further tests. I understand it’s impossible not to worry, but try not to let your thoughts run away with themselves, and I’d recommend not using dr Google as it might lead you to wrong conclusions and make you more anxious.

Please keep in touch and let us know how you get on and I hope it’s nothing serious for you.

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Thank you for your reply, I think as time has gone on I've just become more and more worried about it, originally put it down to break through bleeding (I'm on the pill) I don't usually have much of a period if any at all.. then thought maybe the smear caused it to last longer, when I looked at my calender and realised how long it was and that it was getting worse I went to the doctors, I have been getting up all hours of the night to go in and chang probably making me more tired. Then up early before my alarms at half 6. I've found myself lacking alot of energy and having headaches regularly ( could be tiredness) as I sit here now I can feel the dull ache and heavyness, I am a natural worrier and I think because just over a year ago I'd cells removed I'm panicking, hopefully my appointment will come quickly. 

• I’m really sorry for what you’re currently dealing with, but if your referral has been red flagged you shouldn’t have to wait too long, 

Sarah x

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm