Hello I’m new to this geoup

• 2 replies
  • 30 subscribers

I’m a 31 year old female who have just been diagnosed with stage 1a1 cervical cancer. 
im just so scared of the next steps and really struggling to come to terms with my diagnosis.

I would love to hear other’s stories if possible 

• Hi  and welcome to our group.

It’s always very scary to get a cancer diagnosis, so I think we can all understand how you’re feeling right now. 

I hope you don’t mind me replying as I had a much more advanced stage of cancer than you at my first diagnosis, but we have certainly seen other ladies in the group who have had a diagnosis of an early cancer like yours,so I hope they may come along and share their experiences.

You've just been diagnosed, so it’s a time when your mind is in a spin, but can you tell us a little about how your diagnosis came about? Do you know what the next steps are for you? Perhaps we can help reassure you about what’s going to happen. 

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hi  I’m sorry to hear of your diagnosis. It is very scary when you first find out. We all understand how you feel. 
    I was diagnosed at the start of September with stage 1B1, grade 3 adenocarcinoma. I had a radical hysterectomy 5 weeks ago. All cancer was removed during the op. I will need follow ups to check all is ok going forward.

Take care and hopefully we can help if you have any questionsx