2ND LLETZ PROCEDURE BIOPSY

• 1 reply
  • 29 subscribers

Hi Everyone 

Hope you're all doing ok, or as well as can be.

I'm so confused Confused 

Diagnosed with Early Invasive squamous cell carcinoma cervical, back In February. They did first LEETZ procedure, and treatment.

Since then, I've been told, I need another LEETZ, as there Is still an area, needs removing for biopsy.

Just can't understand why, this wasn't removed  the first time ? I understand that It was extended to the cervical margin end. And was told, that they would need to go In deeper, under General.

So since March, I have had this other area of tissue, that could potentially be cancerous.

My biopsy was CIN3 HPV HIGH GRADE EARLY INVASIVE SQUAMOUS CELL CARCINOMA 

I'm extremely worried that It may have progressed, by being left there. I know Its only 7 months, but still, I was due a Smear In September, to see If the HPV had subsided. But was told, I wont need one now, as they had found this other area.

Sorry to sound dramatic, Its all new, and Im really concerned.

Any help or advice greatly appreciated Pray 

• Hi @emm44

I can see why you’re confused and concerned, but I don’t think anyone in the group would be able to give you an explanation for this. Have you got a date yet for a further LLETZ under general? The best people to ask would be whoever made the decision that a second LLETZ was required. 

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm