The Beginning of my journey

• 154 replies
  • 34 subscribers

Hello to all you brave ladies.

I am new here today and I was diagnosed with a tumour on my cervix last week and had biopsies taken and am awaiting the results.  Apparently the tumour is clearly visible with hugely abnormal cells so expecting the worst.  I have been lurking around the forum for the last few weeks and I am totally inspired and in awe of all you very brave ladies.  You have been tremendously helpful to me and I would just like you all to know that.  I will keep you updated when I know more.  Thank you all xxx

• Also you advice was invaluable in what to expect from it.  Thanks again xxx

• Hi Sweetie, bless you how was your Mri? I hope you are ok lovely this stage is so awful x x x x Big hugs x x x 

• Hi again Slips.  Well it was long (around 35 minutes in the actual machine), uncomfortable and noisy (quite fascinating really) but at least it is done.  Lots of different sounds and I had a muscle relaxant in a cannula and then for the last ten minutes they injected a dye into the cannula.  Not painful at all and they put me in feet first which was a blessed relief.  Good luck with yours on Tuesday, so pleased that bit's over.  Thanks so much for asking, strength and hugs xxx

• Hi, 

I’m so glad that’s all over and done with now for you and that they put you in feet first, I really hope they put me feet first too Fingers crossed, they called me today to tell me not to eat / drink for 4 hours before and to not wear anything with Metal.

Thank you for explaining it at least I know what to expect now for Tuesday, thank you Blush x x 

big hugs to you too lovely, any news on when you will see your consultant? xxx

• Hi Slips,

No, just that I should hear something definitely within the next two weeks and if not, then chase them up.  They didn't say anything about eating and drinking before mine, but they did say not to wear any metal.  Thanks so much for your support and good luck with your scan tomorrow.  It really is nothing to worry about and you will be fine.  Ask if you can go in feet first.  Big hugs and tomorrow you will also be past the MRI xxx

• Hi :) how are you feeling today x 

I had a call to tell me about no metal Sunday too, I will definitely ask to go feet first. thank you for putting my mind at rest. 

Hopefully you will hear very soon :) big hugs back, I will let you know how tomorrow goes x x x 

• Hi Slips, 

Feeling ok all things considered and so glad you're feeling a little easier about tomorrow.  Please do let us know how it goes xxx

• Hi Slips

The mri is of your pelvis, and they may also do chest and abdomen. It’s always feet first into the machine, so your head is not in there. I had one of my neck many years ago and my whole body was in it and it was horrible. This isn’t so bad.

I do get anxious, so they offered me an eye mask to wear which I found helpful. And they played the radio over the headphones, although I could hardly hear because of the noise of the machine! xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Morning Sarah, how are you lovely ? 

Oh that’s good news, the thought of my whole body and head being in freaks me out a little.

I shall opted for the eye mask and headphones, every little helps :). thank you x 

• Good morning :) 

i am glad you are feeling ok, I will definitely let you know once I’m home.

thank you Blush x x