Feel so angry!

• 5 replies
  • 30 subscribers

I had a lletz procedure last Thursday.  
The doctor just did it without really explaining anything.  She said even though my cervix looks healthy she had to go deep to take biopsy as that’s what the MDT meeting asked her to do.

During the procedure I bleed a lot and the two nurses present were counting how many packing she used to make sure they got it all out.

8 days after I’ve been to toilet and a large lump of tissue falls out of me.  I phone my doctors nurses help line to check and the reply was can you put your finger up to see if you can feel anymore?  Well surely that would cause risk of infection?? 

Just loosing all confidence in this professionals and worried I have to trust them ! 

• Hi  

Oh my goodness, I can’t believe you were told to do that! Absolutely that’s an infection risk for you when you’ve had a biopsy and packing in there. Have they told you to go back to the clinic so you can be checked properly? 

We need to have faith in those we are putting our trust in and something like this really shakes your confidence. Are you feeling ok in yourself? No high temperature or discharge or anything like that which might indicate an infection from anything left behind?

I’m sorry you had an experience like this-the whole procedure is stressful enough without adding to it.

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• How awful for you. Two weeks ago, I had something similar happen to me. The consultant said he’d be taking 10mm of cervix away. My husband said it looked like a lot more… and I wouldn’t stop bleeding. So much so, that I had to be hospitalised.  I think you should see your GP and ask for antibiotics. I was prescribed a course of Cefalexin and Metrodizinole. A couple of days after being discharged I had a large of something fall out of me, and I’m sure it was a cotton pad. They were looking for them, when they lost count at 25! 

I hope you are okay

• Thank you Sarah your reply really helped calm me and was good to hear that you got what I was saying !  I feeling fine in myself thank goodness so haven’t been to be checked over but obviously will if I get feverish or discharge. 
    The wait for results is just crap!

• Thank you for taking the time to reply , I really appreciate it.

Sounds like you have had an awful ordeal. The wait for results is awful, I have such anxiety which is causing me to have indigestion which in turn makes the anxiety worse !! Let’s hope this nightmare is over for us both soon!  Keeping everything crossed for you x

• Hi

The wait for results is just horrible for everyone. I’m glad you’re feeling ok physically, but still what happened wasn’t right. I’ve waited varying times over the years for results and it never gets any easier, but hopefully it might not be too long for you now. Please keep us posted and good luck.

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm