Update from today.

• 6 replies
  • 24 subscribers

Okay so it’s still provisional stage, high grade fast spreading at the moment as they have to

do the surgery asap 2nd April radical hysterectomy taking everything, so I will go into

full menopause after surgery. Cause will take my ovaries too! They will give me a stage

3 weeks after surgery after they have tested all the bits they have taken out they will also retest the cancer and cervix..

If they find something it maybe chemo and radiation. want to have a look

inside to get a better picture and biopsy all parts.
So still more answers. But first stage surgery. So thinking positive and fingers crossed that

they find nothing post surgery. So please everyone put those positive thoughts out on the

universe for me that nothing is found and I don’t have to have 2nd stage of treatment.

poorly differentiated adenocarcinoma is what I have.

• Hi  

That’s not too long to wait until surgery for you. It’s very unusual with cervical cancer to have surgery without a stage being established first so your situation is a bit different from most of the ladies here who were given a stage first.

I will tag  to see if she will come along and share her experience. She had a radical hysterectomy without being staged, but did need chemoradiation after surgery  as she had lymphnode involvement discovered which made things stage 3C. But she was not in the UK. 

That’s not to say it will be the same for you, so it’s best to focus on what you know for now. The surgery is quite major, so you’ll need to take it easy afterwards and let yourself recover. Will you still have your mum staying with you then? 

Let’s hope it all goes well and nothing further is found.

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hi Megs23,

Best of luck with your surgery. I guess just take it one step at a time. As Sarah mentioned I didn't have a clear stage until after surgery, and the positive lymph node took it up to a stage 3C1.

It was a lot having surgery and then all the treatment a couple of months later, but now, a year and a half later I look back on it being intense but thankfully short and once it's all done, you know you have had every possible treatment going to get rid of the disease and hopefully be able to get on with your life. So there's pros and cons to having both surgery and chemorad in a short space of time, but it is doable and honestly it's the only thing to give you as much chance of being as cancer free as possible in the future. 

Let us know how you are getting on.

Here in Italy they tend to be vague about staging as they don't see much good in people getting worked up about stastics etc. Personally, I preferred knowing so I knew what I was facing, but I can see the resoning behind both systems tbh.

Big hugs,

Lulabell

• Hi Sarah,

Thank you so much for your support and guidance and passing me onto Lulu. Mum is staying till after I get my test results and staff post surgery. 
    Have a lovely day. 

Megan 

• Thank you so much for telling me this.  Yeah they are unsure about my stage and the scans.  So they are going to surgically stage.  With my aggressive fast spreading, high grade cancer they want to get it out asap. To test and then stage.  Sounds like we are going through same thing.  What was it like getting surgically induced to menopause for you? 

• Hi Megan

I’m glad  came on to share her experience with you. She is the only lady I could think of over the past 3 years or so that I’ve been here who has surgery without a staging that I could recall. 

I’m glad you’ll have your mum to stay-that will be really helpful for you.

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hi Megs23,

About going into menopause, they put me on hormones (estrogen) the day after my operation and now I take a little pill every morning. I'm 46 and they have told me I will take this until I'm 50, I don't know what will happen after that, but I guess they will wean me off it and I will go into menopause then...

Let me know how you are getting on,

Lulabell