Brachytherapy

• 27 replies
  • 27 subscribers

Well ladies that's it. I've done it! Third and final treatment of brachy today. I'm so proud of me for getting through. Today I'm overwhelmed and so emotional to think I didn't think I could go on or get through and I've absolutely smashed it. I was petrified but I've been stronger than I ever thought I could be. The care I have received has been incredible. Ladies of your about to go through this I promise you can don't! 

• Hi LJ86 and congratulations!!  Well done on completing your treatment.  We learn a lot about ourselves don't we, and continually surprise ourselves.  Now relax for a little while Grin

• Thanks lovely. We most certainly do. I'm defo taking some time to heal, relax and enjoy life. Hope your well xx 

• Oh wow This is great to read-you’re just about done! Congratulations on getting through everything and coming out the other side when you thought that might be impossible. You found that strength inside yourself which you didn’t even realise was there and I’m really proud of you for completing everything. Time to start recovering now-take care and keep in touch to let us know how you’re doing. 

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Thank you Sarah. Really appreciate all your words of encouragement and support. You an incredible lady x 

• Well done you LJ!! 

I knew you could do it. I was also overwhelmed when treatment finished, think it's all the built up feelings that we push down deep just to get through, then it comes pouring out, but it's over for you, Time to rest, relax and recover. Keep in touch and update us on your recovery process.

Angela xx

• I cried the whole way home from hospital I wasn't sad just a release I think. Thanks for your support Angela hope everything is well with you x 

• Yes LJ, I'm doing realy well thankyou.

Trying to get a level of fitness back up and failing miserably Rofl lol. Hope you get back to a (new) normal soon and don't forget to still be kind to yourself Heart

A️ngela xx

• I'm so glad to hear that your doing well. 

Fitness Rofl remind me what that is. Ha im sure it will come back slowly be kind to yourself also. I had hoped that I would overcome the degrading enema moments by a positive hope of shredding a few stubborn pounds but oh no lol I've put weight on lol typical. Xx

• I have to have e rounds of brachytheraphy  at the end of this month. O am absolutely  terrified. They are doing it using a spinal block. I'm worried that won't work as it didn't when I had it for giving birth. I am scared about the removal I'd the rods. Can you tell me your experience please. Dis tou have food pain control

• Hi Susie pop,

Welcome to the group. How far are you on in your treatment then? It must be coming to an end? I had 3 rounds of brachytherapy with a spinal and I must confess I didn't deal well with it but in my defence the spinal had wore off when it came time to having the rods removed but I had a word with consultant and the anesthetist and got a bit extra the 2nd time then on the 3rd go I got another sedative in my hand and knew nothing about it! So my advice is try not to worry and more importantly let the nurses know as they can help with strong painkillers etc. I was out cold all 3 times having the rods inserted so no problems there, it was only on removal. You get a short MRI once rods are in place to make sure they're correct. I was with a lady the first time who just slept the whole time so obviously no pain, the 2nd time the lady beside me was alert but in absolutely no pain at all so everyone is different. Either way it's do-able and good communication is key. Hopefully others come on here to share their experience too.

Best wishes.

Angela