On period... again and I'm done.

• 37 replies
  • 27 subscribers

So my body decided it would be fun to wait a week after some bleeding, not a period,  to give me a full blown period. In 2 days I've spent £20 on products. I can't sleep again with it and pain is bad I would gladly operate on myself to get itvout and get the pain gone. I can't take much more. I can't do anything,  breathing hurts let alone actually being a mom. Feel like my kids would be better if I just gave them to social services 

• I’ll tell you what my plan was as an inpatient, although I ended up not able to have it at all. It would have been admission on a Tuesday, ct scan, then placing of the rods under general anaesthetic. Then it would be lying flat on my back, awake, unable to move, connected to the radiotherapy machine which would have delivered pulses of radiation at set intervals.

Discharge would have been on the Thursday. You cannot have the whole treatment as an inpatient under GA as it is far too long. The GA is a short one, just for the rod insertion. It’s also common to have treatment with a spinal each time as an outpatient. As I said, it depends on the type of machine the hospital has. xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Oh, Angela, meant say, the chemo is only once a week, but presumably you were told that? The radiotherapy is every day a Monday to Friday.xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

• Oh you're so right Sarah. Every hospital has different methods. I just don't like seeing their faces while they're hoking round my lady parts lol. Iv been told I can be mildly sedated as well as spinal But I want to be knocked right out RoflRofllol xx

• Yes iv been told that Sarah bless you..but it's the brachy I'm worried about lol xx

• I got people who can watch for an hour or 2 and pick up from school as I gotta go in for 25 sessions of radiotherapy and 5 sessions of chemotherapy over 5 weeks

• Angela, it’s a while away yet! Take things just a day at a time, and don’t be thinking about the brachytherapy until you’ve done your chemo and radiation. It honestly doesn’t do any good with this to be thinking too far ahead. I was a bit concerned about brachytherapy, though of course I would have done it. But in the end didn’t get it at all! So I did some worrying about it which was a complete waste of my time! xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

• The chemo takes a long time, especially when you also have radiotherapy on the same day. My radiotherapy sessions were never at the same time two days running. I had appointments at all times of the day and evening, but your hospital may be different. Ch3mo and radiotherapy on the same day took all day. xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

• That's good to know Sarah..I must remember to bring a book on the combined days then..Thanku xx Angela

• Definitely bring some things to do! I used to arrive early for my chemo days, and got started early usually as it would be quiet. Chemo takes several hours, and then radiotherapy usually involved waiting around quite a bit although the treatment itself didn’t last long. xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

• Hi BBT - sorry for butting in but just wanted you to know that you're not on your own being nervous about Brachy!  I am trying to push it to the back of my mind for now and concentrate on getting through the next five weeks.  I start with Chemoradiation on Tuesday so I'll let you know how I get on.  I think this hospital does brachy on an outpatient basis as well which is good....I thinkGrin.  I'll be going armed with tablet, phone, magazines, nintendo switch.... overkill?? JoyJoy